at Jul 07, 2021
Singapore is one of the best family destination catering to all age groups, offering various attractions along with a great public transport system. There are fun filled activity parks to keep everyone entertained. The 5 best places to visit with Kids when in Singapore are :-
1. Sentosa Island – Once Singapore’s deserted island, Sentosa, is now turned into its Playground offering lot of activities for kids with fantasy land, a water park with lot of fun rides and slides, Experiencing an erupting Volcano at Volcano land along with family – friendly Hotels to relax. One can easily spend a few days here exlploring the island. One can reach here by hopping aboard a cable car, which also offers fantastic views of the city.
2. Singapore Zoo – Located on the Mandai Reservoir, Singapore Zoo is the best zoo which is quite large and green. From Usual tigers, lions, giraffe and Zebras, the zoo also has polar bears and African Penguins and more local animals like Komodo dragons and Orangutans. There is a lot to see and you can also get close to few animal enclosures which kids surely enjoy. Next to the Zoo, is the Night Safari which a great thing to do. It starts with a tribal dance performance and continues on board a tram as you get to experience 7 geographical regions of the world. There are also walking trails, aviaries and a live show.
3. River Safari is another attraction Next to the Zoo, dedicated to riverine environments and the animals and fish who live in them. The focus is on ten rivers: including the Mississippi, the Ganges, the Mekong, the Yangtze, the Nile, the Mary and particularly the Amazon. Unlike a zoo where you wander around as you like, the River Safari has one long path that guides you around everything.The Amazon River Quest, a theme park like boat ride through enclosures is a great experience where you can get up really close to some of the animals.
4. Gardens By the Bay – These futuristic gardens with vertical trees spread across Marina bay will surely amaze children of all age groups, offering an impressive skywalk, oversized seashell shaped greenhouses with a variety of trees and plants to discover. The high walkways on OCBC SKyway and in the Cloud Forest also give great views of Singapore. Image Source – www.google.com 4. Universal Studios – Universal Studios Singapore is the big ticket attraction on Sentosa Island and one of the favourite things to do with family in Singapore. The park consists of 7 themed zones – Madagascar, Far Far Away (Shrek theme), The Lost World, Ancient Egypt (including The Mummy), Sci-Fi City (including Transformers) and New York (including Sesame Street). Each themed zone has its own attractions, shopping, eating establishments and street entertainment around the theme. There are endless rides, live performances and shows to keep everyone busy.
5. Jurong Bird Park – Another fun place to visit in Singapore is Jurong bird park spread over 20.2 hectares, with 8,000 birds representing 600 species. Here one can feed the birds, giant aviaries and live shows to add to the experience. There is also the chance to see rare and endangered birds at the Breeding and Research Centre.