at Jul 07, 2021
Europe has few of the best SKI resorts in the world. There are some well suited for small budgets and few for very large budget. Lets explore few of them….
1. Alpe d’Huez – France – “European Best Ski Resort” with guaranteed snow, is a perfect mix of fun, relaxation, sport and is not only a favourite resort for families but also friends, couples, beginners and experienced skiers. The resort offers a superb infrastructure, quality accommodations, fun activities for young and old.Enjoy 250 kilometres of French slopes, 63 lifts and guaranteed snow here.
2. Val Thorens – France – This resort is is located at a height of 7500feet, making it one of the highest in all of Europe. And because of its altitude its slopes are covered with snow from November to May, longer than the usual season, with more than 600 km of slopes and 140 lifts. It offers a wide variety of activities for children and adults – Ski lessons, entertainment for children, but also shopping, good quality restaurants, relaxation and leisure. Pashmina le Refuge is probably the best Ski resort hotels in Europe, offering direct access to slopes, a superb wellness centre and a good restaurant.
3. Saas Fee – Switzerland – Saas-Fee with its 3600 meters height is one of the highest resorts in the Swizz Alps and called as “ The pearl of the Alps”. Saas Fee is labelled as a Family destination, check out the Morenia and Längfluh area, the slopes there are not steep and might be good fun for the whole family. Here you will find wide and well-planned slopes for your carving turns, as well as expert runs, deep snow areas and flat beginner slopes, along with an exceptional snow park.
4. St.Moritz – Switzerland – St. Moritz, the oldest winter Ski resort in the world is as elegant and exclusive as it gets with breathtaking views. The sun shines 322 days a year, pairing with the dry air for what’s known as a “champagne climate.” This place is well known for intermediate slopes and half of the total 155 km slopes are the intermediate ones, there is a lot of difficult black and very steep slopes as well as many unsecured powder areas in this resort. Beginners and families will find a lot of slopes and good times as well, there are children’s areas with practice lifts, childcare and more.
5. Cortina d’Ampezzo – Italy – Just two hours from Venice, this 1000 year old town, carved into the valley of boite river, grew into a must visit Ski resort post 1956 Winter Olympics. Its home to the steepest black run in Dolomites, breathtaking views while skiing and a Snow park for freestylers.
6. Alpbach – Austria – Alpbach, in Austria is slightly smaller than other Ski resorts in Austria but its looks make up on that front and that’s how its been voted a lot many times as ’ Austria most beautiful Ski resort. Its a great resort for Intermediate and beginners and not many advanced level slopes will be found here. And since the resort is smaller and less busy, there is more of that pow snow for you alone.